theICEway ecosystem of companies can help with IT security via their CRIBB Cyber Security brand. They can then help with software testing through eTestware. The team at ICE are here for those seeking support and advice on technology projects, cloud strategy, application managed service and more.
Together we deliver IT Solutions for cruise, travel and healthcare and next year ICE turns 15. In the months ahead we will take a look back over the past 15 years, starting today then with some facts from 2007.
2007: The Year In Brief
It feels strange to write but 2007 was 14 years ago – a long time for many, then again a lifetime for some. IT is our specialist subject at theICEway and so you will see a number of tech-related events listed below.
Perhaps the largest of these to occur in 2007 was the launch of the iPhone by a little company named Apple. Pop culture fans of a certain age may remember 2007 as the year that Britney shaved her head or that The Sopranos ended. Sports buffs will know that South Africa won the Rugby World Cup shortly after Roger Federer had won the US Open.
For us all on theICEway, however, 2007 will always be remembered as the year that ICE was born. Look out for more nostalgic content in the weeks and months ahead but for now, we start with the year it all began…
- Apple announces the upcoming launch of its first iPhone
- Nancy Pelosi is elected as the first female Speaker of the US Congress
- NASA’s New Horizons spacecraft flies past Jupiter on route to Pluto
- David Karp founds blogging website Tumblr in New York
- The new Wembley Stadium opens in London
- Rihanna releases ‘Umbrella’
- Boris Yeltsin, Russian politician & 1st President of Russian Federation, dies at 76
- Estonia removes The Bronze Soldier, a Soviet Red Army war memorial in Tallinn
- Ian Richardson and Conor Byrne create ICE
- NASA’s Phoenix Mars Lander touches down on the Red Planet
- The Sopranos finale airs on HBO
- Transformers, directed by Michael Bay and starring Megan Fox, is released in US cinemas
- England and Australia ban smoking in all public indoor spaces
- The television show ‘Mad Men’ debuts in the US on AMC
- Rupert Murdoch acquires the Wall Street Journal
- Tiger Woods wins the PGA Championship
- Russia tests the largest conventional weapon ever, the ‘Father of all bombs’
- AOL announces plans to refocus as an advertising business
- Singapore airlines is the first airline to fly the new Airbus passenger jet A380 on a scheduled service between Singapore and Australia
- ‘The Fall 2007 California firestorm’ burns approximately 972,147 acres of land and destroys at least 1,500 homes
- Cyclone ‘Sidr’ devastates Bangladesh, killing approximately 5,000 and destroying the world’s largest mangrove forest, ‘Sundarbans’
- Hulk Hogan is divorced after 23 years of marriage
- HM Queen Elizabeth II surpasses Queen Victoria to become the oldest ever monarch of the UK- A suicide bomber assassinates Benazir Bhutto, 12th Prime Minister of Pakistan
Almost 15 years spent delivering IT Solutions for cruise, travel and healthcare. We’re very proud of that fact and will bring you more coverage like this. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. What were you doing in 2007? How have the last (almost) 15 years been for you?