The wait then is almost over, as Seatrade Cruise Global Sep 2021 is less than 2 weeks away. Those of you who are fans of countdown timers should visit the official website. Those of you keen to cut to the chase and see what’s on the agenda should read on.
Attend In Person Or Virtually
This eagerly-anticipated event will see many of the cruise industry’s finest joining together in Miami. The Miami Beach Convention Centre is the venue and Informa AllSecure has 10 key commitments to ensure visitor safety:- Enhanced cleaning (continuous sanitisation, deep cleaning before, during and then after)
- Facilities for personal hygiene
- Contactless registration
- Physical contact will be discouraged
- Social distancing will be in place
- Food and beverage stations will offer pre-packaged options plus adhere to distancing and safety guidelines
- PPE will be worn in line with local government and health authority advice
- First aid professionals and facilities will be on-site
- Screening will be in place using thermal scanning technology
- Trace and contact efforts will be used in conjunction with local authorities and subject to privacy regulations
Some of our team members from theICEway are heading to the event but others are attending virtually. Seatrade Cruise Global 2.0 begins after the live show and then lasts for 1 month. This online extravaganza promises live and on-demand conference content. There will also be networking opportunities and presentations from exhibitors.
The Conference Programme
This event is packed full of conference sessions and panels that are sure to spark interesting conversations. View the programme in full here, or be sure to make a note of the IT-related content slated for Sep 29th*:- IoT: Revolutionising the guest experience (9:30 am)
- IoT: The future of operational efficiency (10:15 am)
- Biometric Technology: Transformations in Access Control and Safety (10:30 am)
- Ransomware and Maritime Cyber Security in the Post-Pandemic World (11 am)
- The future of wi-fi bandwidth and cruising (1 pm)
- IT Operations – The Evolution of IT Shipboard Operations (1:45 pm)
- Charting a Sustainable Course to 2050: Technological Innovations (2 pm)
*After all, that is where the key action will take place!
To give attendees the chance to make the most of their experience, STC Global is separated into sectors:- Design & ship interiors
- Environmental & health
- Hotel operations & concessions
- Information technology
- Ports & destinations
- Safety & security
- Ship equipment & shipbuilding
On theICEway, our focus is on IT in cruise and so we will now focus upon that area. Our CEO and co-founder, Ian Richardson, is a true cruise industry veteran. He is also a Seatrade Cruise Global Tech Ambassador, due to moderate the 1:45 pm IT operations session listed above.
Richardson has previously described his role as a tech ambassador as being "an honour". Ahead of STC Global 2021, he is in good spirits despite the fact that there will be fewer people in attendance.
“I’m delighted to be working with the fantastic Seatrade Global team again. It’s a great opportunity to address key topics and issues in this wonderful industry. This is one of the most prestigious cruise events and the first since the pandemic. We’re looking forward then to getting back in front of people and to creating new discussions.
“The attendance compared to previous years will be down but safety is of paramount importance. That means we all need to adhere to the safety guidelines – none of which will stop us from getting to the heart of the key issues in our industry. I’ve said before that Covid-19 has contributed towards the acceleration of digitalisation. Innovation is all around us and the future looks very bright indeed!”
You can still register to attend Seatrade Cruise Global Sep 2021 either online or in Miami.