It seems incredible to think but this year’s Seatrade Cruise event took place almost a month ago. That is correct, the most eagerly-awaited industry gathering of the year has been and gone! Our teams were there, so here then is STC Global 2023 in review – at least from our perspective. How was it for you?
New Venue, Same Fantastic Vibe
Fort Lauderdale’s newly renovated Broward County Convention Centre was the setting for the latest Seatrade Cruise Global. More than 80 cruise line brands from around the world attended and the event featured more than 500 exhibitors. A packed conference programme provided hours of insightful content, with sessions including:- The State of the Global Cruise Industry
- Sustainable Voyages: Decarbonization and the Future of Alternative Fuels
- Upgrading the Experience: How to Solve the Challenges of Onboard Guest Communications with Technology (from Sourcetoad)
- How Cruise Can Leverage Technology to Refine the In-Port Experience for Guests (moderated by theICEway’s Bertie Trevis)
- Using Digital Solutions to Improve Itinerary Planning and Get More Port Calls (moderated by our MD, Conor Byrne, and featuring David Tibbles on the panel)
- Remote Working and Its Impact to Internet Connectivity Experience (moderated by our CEO, Ian Richardson)
The theme this year was “Forward Momentum”, and the 2023 edition was by all accounts “a true return to form”. The many networking events provided ample opportunity to catch up with industry peers old and new. With more than 1200 confirmed matchmaking meetings, it is clear that cruise is continuing to go from strength to strength. From our point of view, we had a booth for the second year running. We were also delighted to once again preside over the popular Interactive Tech Zone from theICEway, now in its second year.
As keen innovators ourselves, we’re always on the lookout for new and unique developments. STC Global did not disappoint, with F&B@Sea proving to be an excellent addition to the event as a whole. More than 50 suppliers showcased dairy, seafood, meat, plant-based alternatives and more. As for the ‘B’? The Heineken Sundown Soirée was but one highlight, with drinks provided by Campari and Webb Banks. Buyers, suppliers, executives, hotel ops and guest experience professionals all came together to network and enjoy a fantastic two-day seminar programme, with sessions including:- Creating Authentic, Local Experiences Ashore
- The Intricacies of Responsible Sourcing
- Creating Unforgettable Experiences to Delight the Senses
- Cocktail Hour by Remy Cointreau
This amazing new feature was also joined by ‘Tomorrow’s talent today’, a dedicated programme for HR, training & recruitment professionals in cruise. The new ‘Wellness programme’ was welcomed too, with a 30-minute puppy yoga session proving quite the hit!
Let’s Go Again In 2024
‘STC Global 2023 in review’ hopefully gave a little insight into what we regard as a staple in our yearly calendar. In fact, we are no strangers to other events from Seatrade Cruise. We will definitely be in attendance for the 2024 edition in Miami Beach, and we hope to see you there too!